HOHI was established in 2004 by Greg Beech and a group of enthusiastic Australians who are passionate about rescuing women and children at risk. Since the establishment of the organisation, HOHI has seen a significant amount of project growth.
- 2004: HOHI partnered with a children's home opened in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2005: HOHI partnered with a local organisation in Miraj, India, in a project helping high risk children. HOHI partnered with further children's homes in Indonesia, rural southeast Asia and Mozambique. HOHI partnered with a project in Cebu for single pregnant women. HOHI provided emergency relief for the victims of the tsunami in Indonesia.
- 2009: HOHI partnered with a children's home in Surabaya, Indonesia.
- 2010: A Night Créche in Miraj, India, commenced and HOHI began a fruitful partnership.
- 2011: HOHI partnered with a widow feeding project in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2012: HOHI funded a computer school and training project in Miraj, India.
- 2013: HOHI partnered with a widow feeding project in Miraj, India. This project also involves the development of cottage industries.
- 2014: HOHI partnered with a Safe House project for the victims of human trafficking.
- 2015: HOHI cares for over 100 children in residential care, widows and the victims of human trafficking.